The project involved the complete refurbishment of a large industrial unit that was previously used as a car supermarket. The main goal was to divide the unit into three separate units that could be individually let. In addition to this, incoming service alterations were necessary, and hard/soft landscaping was carried out to reconfigure and future-proof the surrounding industrial park.
The project involved repositioning the asset by refurbishing a large single industrial unit which was previously used as a car supermarket. The refurbishment entailed splitting the unit into three separate units to make them ready for future leasing, with incoming services alterations and external hard/soft landscaping to future-proof the industrial park.
The project was executed in three building contracts. The first contract included a comprehensive enabling package, which involved new services, strip out, roofing works, and jumbo stud subdivision of the unit. The second contract entailed a complete external refurbishment of Units 2 and 3, which involved replacing cladding, vehicle doors, curtain walling, and reconfiguring the yard.
The third and final contract involved refurbishing Unit 1, which was the largest of the three units. The same refurbishment specification was used as in the previous contract, and the existing tarmac yard was replaced with a concrete slab.
- Strip out & demolition
- Extensive roof repair works inc new triple skin roof lights & gutter lining
- Jumbo stud walls with structural steel windbreakers
- New incoming services (power, water, gas, BT & foul)
- Structural slab works
- New vehicular & pedestrian doors Façade spraying
- Cladding replacement
- Captive shot blasting of portal frames & fire clad works
- Comprehensive external yard landscaping works inc 4,500m2 concrete yard slab